This recipe is very easy to prepare, takes approx. 15-20min.
- 2 Ready Made Croissants
- 1 Cup of Almond Meal (you can also use Hazelnut Meal or combine both)
- 1 Egg
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tsp Maple Syrup
- Flaked Almond and Icing Sugar (for decorating the top of croissant)
- In a food processor or bowl mix together Almond Meal, Egg, Butter & Maple Syrup. (It should be like a moist paste).
- Cut the croissants in half and sandwich the paste between the 2 halves. Leave enough paste to spread on the top of both croissants and sprinkle over the almond flakes.
- Bake in a moderate oven (180 deg) for 10 minutes until crispy on top.
- Enjoy this delectable, easy, not too sweet treat.