A classic, buttery and melt in the mouth treat, melting moments are the quintessential biscuit to tempt most people’s taste buds. They are ridiculously yummy and hard to resist.
- 360g cooking butter
- 1 cup custard powder
- 2/3 cup icing mixture, sifted
- 2.5 cups plain flour, sifted
- 2 tsp baking powder
- icing sugar to serve
TO MAKE THE BISCUITS
- Preheat Oven at 180 degrees. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Beat butter for approx. 2 mins with electric mixer. Add custard powder and icing mixture and mix well.
- Add the sifted flour and baking powder and mix well.
- Roll into 24-28 even balls. Place on baking trays and press each ball with a fork.
- Bake 16-18 mins. While cooling, make mock cream filling.
TO MAKE FILLING
- Beat. butter and vanilla till smooth, then add icing mixture and beat together. Spoon into a piping bag.
TO ASSEMBLE BISCUITS
Place tsp full of jam on one biscuit base. Pipe over the mock cream and top with another biscuit.
Sprinkle with sifted icing mixture.